Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How do I delete members posts not topics

Author SteveB
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 31 May 2013 22:46 
Hi
As administrator, can I delete a member's posts without having to delete the topic? (someone is using my forum to advertise)
Any pre-configuration needed in php files.

Have deleted the user and therefore cannot trace him by the user search (name or ID) but his posts appear and can't see where/ how to delete.
Can anyone help?
MANY THANKS
Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Jun 2013 22:49 
Hello,
For pre-moderation, you may use the certain add-on.

The most recent miniBB version (as starting from 3.0.1), you can delete all posts of a member and disable him as following these steps:

- click on a username
- click "Edit Profile" >>>
- click "Delete Profile"
- follow suggested options.

Let us know if it helped.

Author SteveB
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Jun 2013 12:56 
Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply.
(Am actually dealing with a clients forum)
Problem is she has successfully deleted the member profile but his posts still appear on the forum ... therefore she cannot access his profile to be able to edit/delete each post as you suggest. Is there any way she can delete such posts or retrieve his profile or something?

Also am I right in thinking the pre-moderation add on is for moderation of ALL posts?
Is there any possible moderation add-on just for member applications?

MANY THANKS

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 08:34 
SteveB:
Is there any way she can delete such posts or retrieve his profile or something?
There could be a simple way to execute a statement from mySQL manually, but I'm not sure if you will need this command? Is anyone from your client's area familiar with executing mySQL statements?
Unfortunately, if a profile has been deleted, there is no easy way left on forum to delete such posts.

SteveB:
the pre-moderation add on is for moderation of ALL posts?
Is there any possible moderation add-on just for member applications?
You may test on miniBB demo how it works and you will see there are options for certain users,or new accounts which are added to the queue automatically, or for all posts - so it serves the purpose in various modes.

Author SteveB
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 10:13 
Thanks again Paul for a quick response.
I think my client is resigned to deleteing the entire topic and trying to re-create the legitimate posts.
I'm not familiar enough with mySQL statements.

I'll go look into the miniBB demo for moderating .

Thanks.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How do I delete members posts not topics
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑