claysigurdson wrote: $sitename=(isset($_SERVER['mssq106.1and1.com'])?$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME ' ].' ':'').' community built on miniBB';
$sitename should match the name of your discussion forums; e.g. $sitename='XYZ Forums';
[Reference: miniBB Manual - Customization - Config: 2nd step]
claysigurdson wrote: Did I miss inputing that mssq106.1and1.com anywhere else??
Your database related details need to go in (setup_options.php):
$DB = 'mysql';
For miniBB v2.x, just leave the default as is.
Replace 'localhost' with your database host name.
[To find out the name of your database host name, refer to your webhost's support documentation on finding the necessary information to connect to MySQL
I found the above link via the FAQs link on 1and1.com's home page.]
Replace 'miniBB' with the name of your database; e.g.
Replace 'USERNAME' with your database username; e.g. $DBusr='johndoe';
Replace 'PASSWORD' with your own your database password; e.g.
The miniBB Team also recommends the default miniBB database table names (e.g. minibb_forums, minibb_posts... etc) be renamed to increase security. Some people might just rename their table names to something like xyz_forums; xyz_posts; xyz_topics; and etc. Take care not to name the tables the same as any existing tables in your database.
[Reference: miniBB Manual - config: 1st step.]
claysigurdson wrote: Also when they say "Open install in browser". Please explain what browser.
Just your preferred web browser; e.g. Mozilla Firefox.
This is what you will need to do:
1) create a database (don't worry about creating tables - miniBB's install script will take care of that for you)
2) configure miniBB (edit setup_options.php using a text editor; e.g. Notepad)
3) upload upload all the necessary files to your web server
4) open your web browser
5) point your browser to the miniBB install script on your web server (i.e. enter the install script's URL in your browser's location bar); e.g. http://www.example.com/forums/_install.php
6) Follow the prompts to complete setup.
All the best -