Points to solution (A MUST-READ COLLECTION FOR EVERYONE HAVING THIS TROUBLE):
* Make sure you are entering login and password EXACTLY as you have specified in setup_options.php' $admin_usr
- logins and passwords in miniBB are case sensitive
. Be sure you have turned off CAPS button on your keyboard and set correct keyboard layout, if you are using more than one English language. For the first time, having this trouble, try to set EASY login and EASY password conatining only latin letters and digits, for example - because your browser could interpret special symbols incorrectly.
* Make sure you have set up COOKIE SETTING properly. You will find them all in setup_options.php Don't mess cookie domain (it should not
begin with 'http://') with cookie path (in most cases, it is enough to set it to '/'). Contact your server administrator and ask him about cookie settings, if you are experiencing troubles. miniBB default cookie settings are common for most server configurations and should work automatically
* Make sure your browser supports COOKIES enabled. For checking it, enter miniBB forums
with anonymous name - simply type some nickname in "Login" field without password and press "Enter forums" button. If your nickname is KEPT and you see it in "Login" field after page refresh - your cookie ARE enabled normally. If you don't see your nickname - they are DISABLED. Please, enable them so they should work (in IE, go to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy - set at last Medium privacy).
* Make sure you have no spaces, newlines, empty symbols in setup_options.php file or any another PHP file you have edited - before <?php
or after ?>
. Cookie can not be set if some information is outputted before.
* On IIS servers (not Apache!), Location Headers may not work. It is just because some of IIS versions do not support them. You need to decomment $metaLocation='go';
setting in setup_options.php. I hope you know what does it mean - "decomment" = remove two slashes before that option
* It is a known issues where the problem is somewhere on your client side
. Try to login with all possible browsers you have installed - Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera. If it works in Firefox, but doesn't work in IE, for exampe, the problem is your IE version. miniBB authorization is very native and needs to be supported by all latest versions of major browsers. Be sure you have the latest browser release installed, and your OS version is properly updated.