miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Sorting ALL replies in Descending order (latest on top)

Author Mirekk
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 Feb 2008 17:00 
How to set sorting answers in topic - the most new answer to be on the top. Now I need to scroll down to see new message. I have find

https://www.minibb.com/forums/manual.html#sorthread

but if I change //$themeDesc=array(); to //$themeDesc=array(THREAD_IDs);
nothing happens. My forum is on http://www.elmundo.cz/forum
Thanks for answer.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 01:27 
1) uncomment //$themeDesc=array(THREAD_IDs);, so that it reads: $themeDesc=array(THREAD_IDs);.

2) replace THREAD_IDs with the ID number/numbers of the thread/threads (the replies of which) that you would like sorted in descending order. In the following example, replies in thread ID 20 and thread ID 35 are sorted in descending order:
$themeDesc=array(20, 35);.

All the best -
mb

Author Mirekk
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 08:04 
Ok, I understad. But where I can find the ID number of thread? I want all answers in all forum sorted - latest on the top.
Mirek

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 15:43 
Mirekk wrote: But where I can find the ID number of thread?

You find it in the thread's URL. Here is a thread from your Paragliding forum:
http://www.elmundo.cz/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=13
The ID of the thread is 13 - see the highlighted bit?

Mirekk wrote: I want all answers in all forum sorted - latest on the top.

Oh, I see; in that case, I think the best course of action for you is to wait for advice from miniBB Team/Paul. As far as I know, the method described so far is meant for exceptions.

All the best -
mb

Author Mirekk
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Feb 2008 14:46 
I have it. Is working as I wish Thanks. So, i will wait for some answer from Team/Paul, if they will have any idea, how to doo it for all forum.
Mirek.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 11 Feb 2008 05:40 
Here is how to determine topic ID btw.

I am not sure if it will work for all threads, however you may try to put this under bb_plugins.php:

if(isset($topic) and $topic!=0) $themeDesc[]=$topic;
I've tested this code on my side and it works.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Sorting ALL replies in Descending order (latest on top)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑