miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Expanding Maximum of Super Title's Number of Characters

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 19 Aug 2007 10:23 
When I write a super title and describe it, the description is cut off after certain number of characters. I would like to have at least 100 characters. Is it possible?

I don't want to use description at forum level. why? I am running different categories for different games. Except for the name of game. all other details repeat. so I want to put the details in Super Title description.

This is what I do:
Super Title <br/> <font size="1"> Super tttle description goes here and Super tttle description goes here and Super tttle description goes here and Super tttle description goes here and Super tttle description goes here.</font>
Forum One
Forum Two
Forum Three

Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Aug 2007 04:26 
By default super title is stored in database with the maximum of 150 characters. You need to be sure that you have set the proper encoding for your forums, so each 1 symbol stored takes 1 byte in database. When the improper encoding is set, it could happen that some of the specific characters will be saved in special HTML symbols format. For example, russian symbol 'a' if the encoding iso-8859-1 is set, will be saved as & #1072; and that way will take 7 bytes in database.

If you would like to set larger amount of characters for that field, you will need to set it up in database as 'text' type. With the following command for example:

alter table minibbtable_forums change forum_group forum_group text not null default '';

Then also modify the following templates:

templates/admin_addforum1.html
templates/admin_editforum2.html

where instead of

<input type="text" name="forum_group" value="{$forum_group}" size="25" maxlength="150" class="textForm" style="width:250px;" />

specify TEXTAREA for this field, like

<textarea name="forum_group" style="width:450px;height:300px" class="textForm">{$forum_group}</textarea>

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 20 Aug 2007 05:48 
Thanks. It works now.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Expanding Maximum of Super Title's Number of Characters
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑