miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Youtube Simple Embed

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Feb 2014 11:56 
I have created another forum using minibb which is being used for DVD Reviews. I wanted a method of displaying YouTube videos - which is already built in - that was more reliable that posting a single video (users can take it down etc). I finally used the script from here which displays lots of videos.

The way I have added the script to the site is to first create an Admin or Mod only bbcode button that inserts the correct size iframe, then I simply add the script url with the search term and viola it appears on the page. I also altered the video search script so that it works off a search query, along with a video close / off link.

The result can be seen at the bottom of this page - where it says 'The Selfish Giant Trailer YouTube Video Search'.

Not hard to implement really.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Feb 2014 15:18 
Great implementation, thanks. The most important it works fast :)

But if you have more exact instruction on how did you implement it, step by step, it could be more useful to the community.

Also, let's hope YouTube doesn't change their embedding strategies too often... I personally was tired to support their even "simple" add-on because they changed codes few times in just a few years. Annoying.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 4 Feb 2014 13:40 
Just create a README.txt similar to the solutions we have for all current add-ons, drop the icon in the zipped file as well. You may provide any credit inside. Then use this icon above:

Upload

to upload zip under Mods folder of our File Bank and drop a credit here... That would be best.

Thanks in advance.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 5 Feb 2014 15:23 
Paul:
Just create a README.txt similar to the solutions we have for all current add-ons, drop the icon in the zipped file as well.
Ok, will do when I have the time. Anyone interested can view this post on a new site forum I have created for now ...

Minibb Mass YouTube Video Script

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Youtube Simple Embed
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑