miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /   

visiting topic by entering it's unique ID

Author pom
Registered
#1 | Posted: 3 May 2007 20:18 
my idea is...,If I want my friend to visit atopic which is
interesting ,I can told her the number of topic,so she can
find it easily because may be there are many topic in a forum
...as I read a book and I find something on page number
24..I could phone to my friend and said "look at page
number 24,it's a beautiful poem".....
I don't want to tell her "go to my forum,in my topic ... I make
link for you...you could find some interesting "
I want to say "go to topic number 24,it's beautiful"...
Excuse me for my long text.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 4 May 2007 01:27 | Edited by: Paul 
pom

Every topic in miniBB has its own ID. So we don't need to invent the wheel I guess and what you could do, is just to create a special HTML page or even paste the following HTML in the footer file:

<!--view topic by ID form-->
<table class="tbTransparent">
<tr>
<td class="caption3"><form action="{$main_url}/{$indexphp}" method="get" class="formStyle">Enter topic ID to view quickly: <input type="hidden" name="action" value="vthread" /><input type="text" name="topic" size="10" class="textForm" /><input type="hidden" name="forum" value="1" /> <input type="submit" value="Go" class="inputButton" /></form></td>
</table>
<!--/view topic by ID form-->

It should produce the following form:

Quick topic view form

So just knowing topic ID which is displayed in every URL, you could refer your friends and enemies to that topic I suppose.

Author pom
Registered
#3 | Posted: 8 May 2007 09:21 
THANK!!...very..very thank for your help and your kindness :].......

regards,
pom

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications / visiting topic by entering it's unique ID Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB