miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

visiting topic by entering it's unique ID

Author pom
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 3 May 2007 20:18 
my idea is...,If I want my friend to visit atopic which is
interesting ,I can told her the number of topic,so she can
find it easily because may be there are many topic in a forum
...as I read a book and I find something on page number
24..I could phone to my friend and said "look at page
number 24,it's a beautiful poem".....
I don't want to tell her "go to my forum,in my topic ... I make
link for you...you could find some interesting "
I want to say "go to topic number 24,it's beautiful"...
Excuse me for my long text.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 May 2007 01:27 
pom

Every topic in miniBB has its own ID. So we don't need to invent the wheel I guess and what you could do, is just to create a special HTML page or even paste the following HTML in the footer file:

<!--view topic by ID form-->
<table class="tbTransparent">
<tr>
<td class="caption3"><form action="https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$indexphp}" method="get" class="formStyle">Enter topic ID to view quickly: <input type="hidden" name="action" value="vthread" /><input type="text" name="topic" size="10" class="textForm" /><input type="hidden" name="forum" value="1" /> <input type="submit" value="Go" class="inputButton" /></form></td>
</table>
<!--/view topic by ID form-->

It should produce the following form:

Quick topic view form

So just knowing topic ID which is displayed in every URL, you could refer your friends and enemies to that topic I suppose.

Author pom
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 May 2007 09:21 
THANK!!...very..very thank for your help and your kindness :].......

regards,
pom

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 visiting topic by entering it's unique ID
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑