miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /   

'Super Sticky' Threads

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author Paul
Lead Developer
#16 | Posted: 30 Sep 2011 21:21 
tom322:
if user reads forum on a mobile phone or if there are many sticky threads

Here we don't have to mess it with the mobile version. It's only for regular version :) Mobile version of miniBB won't have it.

The amount of super-sticky threads is up to the forums maintainer. Bad move is to keep more than 2 super-sticky threads. Even with the regular sticky option, it's possible to build the first internal page of a forum completely consisting of the sticky threads ;) All in all, it's not the question for miniBB - the feature will be here, the forum owner will work it out on his own.

Author Prince
Registered
#17 | Posted: 6 Feb 2012 00:34 
Hello,

I could set SuperSticky for some Moderator also with the plug-in I had before.. but with the new version it can't be.. is there any way?

Anyone has any Idea or suggestion?

Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#18 | Posted: 6 Feb 2012 11:28 
Super-sticky topics by default should be set by Administrator only. Modify miniBB's core files to enable it also for Moderators (despite I think it's a very risky solution).

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#19 | Posted: 9 Oct 2013 15:20 
How do I make 'SuperSticky' topics appear on the main forum page?

http://www.7-dna.com/forums/index.php

They are made SuperSticky on the relevant forum page, but just disappear from the main page, even if they should be in the 'recent' list...

Author Jaime
Registered
#20 | Posted: 9 Oct 2013 18:20 
Steve Shaw:
They are made SuperSticky on the relevant forum page, but just disappear from the main page, even if they should be in the 'recent' list...

Hm ... then you have {$specialThreads} in main_topics.html, right? Do you have the same entry in main_last_discussions.htm too? If not .. you will see not a supersticky on the main page. I suspect there is your fault?

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#21 | Posted: 9 Oct 2013 18:42 
Ah - not in main_last_discussions.html...

I'll look into that and see where it should be ;o)

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#22 | Posted: 9 Oct 2013 18:56 
Ok - I've now worked out that I don't want 'SuperSticky' as that puts the posts in all the various forum topics...

What I really need is normal 'Sticky', but with those threads also being added to the top of the 'main_last_discussions' area...

Does that make sense?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#23 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 13:25 | Edited by: Paul 
Then I think you have to remove {$specialThreads} from main_topics.html BUT leave it in main_last_discuss_more.html/main_last_discussions.html/main_modern_layout.html (or just main_last_discussions.html, removing it also from the other templates).

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#24 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 13:41 
Correct me if I'm wrong... but will removing {$specialThreads} from main_topics.html stop the normal 'Sticky' from working in the Main Topics too?

Author Jaime
Registered
#25 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 17:29 
Steve Shaw:
Correct me if I'm wrong...

You're wrong ;-) You can easily find yourself. Sticky works even if the entry was removed in main_topics.html.

The issue is probably caused about bb_func_supersticky.php in the main_topic_cell.html. But .. I'm not a programmer!
So the entry in main_topics.html can be eliminated already, if there only sticky posts should be displayed.

But is also new to me. Hm ... And now if you put a post as a super sticky, it is displayed only at the last posts area on the main site. Hm ... In the original template is {$specialThreads} in main_topics.html, main_last_discussions.html and in main_last_discuss_more.htm. What's right, what's wrong? ... Now i'm a little confused ;-)

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#26 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 18:16 
You are right!

I should have just tried it... works as I need ;o)

Author Jaime
Registered
#27 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 18:59 
works as I need

Wonderful - and I've also learned a thing again :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#28 | Posted: 10 Oct 2013 19:17 
Whatever is right: {$specialThreads} is for Super-Sticky topics block only. {$list_topics} will contain all regular Sticky-topics attached to it, and this process is coded IN THE CORE of miniBB itself. This couldn't be changed with a core-stable method. Super-Sticky could be removed from one of the mentioned templates.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications / 'Super Sticky' Threads Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB