miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Showing the number of topics in the header

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 10 Aug 2012 17:44 
I wanted to include the number of topics of a logged user in the main_header.tpl. I tried {$user_num_topics} but it didn't work (the value was always '0'). Is there a simple way to do it (other than an extra DB query)? Maybe some row[x] or similar ;). Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 10 Aug 2012 18:25 
main_header.tpl? Well, not sure if I know the template of such filename in miniBB :) I suppose, you mean templates/main_header.html...

If so, I'm also afraid there is no simple way to get the number of user topics in the default version.
You may try to modify bb_cookie.php for that.

Look up for the following string:

$GLOBALS['dbUserSheme']['num_posts'][1]
It should be extended to have the other field after it:

$GLOBALS['dbUserSheme']['num_posts'][1].', '.$GLOBALS['dbUserSheme']['num_topics'][1]
Then where it says

$GLOBALS['user_num_posts']=$row[X];
add the following:

$GLOBALS['user_num_topics']
=$row[X+1];
for example, for the admin procedure, it should look like:

=$row[3];
for regular users procedure, it may look by default like:

=$row[7];
Only after you have updated this file, you may refer to the topics amount in any template as to:

{$user_num_topics}

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 10 Aug 2012 18:31 
Yes, sorry - that's what happens what posting without coffee, I meant main_header.html ;).

Not the first time something seemed simple is not simple at all (except for you ;). I'll check it out and if problems will report here, thank you!

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Showing the number of topics in the header
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑