miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /   

Remove User Registration Website URL Option?

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#1 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 18:51 
As It's been a while since I installed MiniBB, I have forgotten how to edit the 'user_dataform,html' file.

I want to take out the option for users to register their website URL as this is only being used my spammers - human ones, not bots.
That should make the forum less interesting to them.

Cheers,

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 20:45 
For your knowledge, by default the URL is not hyper-linked when displayed to guests, so it doesn't make sense to search engines.
However this is the function you may put under bb_plugins.php, it will always work not displaying the URL:

function parseUserInfo_user_website($val){
return '';
}

also, under templates/user_dataform.html you may remove the 'website' input field.

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#3 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 22:20 
Cheers - you're a star!

Steve

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications / Remove User Registration Website URL Option? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB