miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Enable email subscriptions for moderators or selected users only

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 21 Jun 2010 10:38 
I'd like to enable email subscriptions ONLY to moderators or selected users. So in setup_options.php I set:

$emailusers=1;

and in bb_plugins.php I put:

/* Email notifications for moderators and selected users only */
if($isMod!=1 or $user_id!=X) $emailusers=0;

But it doesn't seem to work. How to make it work please? :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 02:52 
Try to put 'and' instead of 'or' in the condition.

if($isMod!=1 and $user_id!=X) $emailusers=0;
It would be even better to follow upper side logic... Set $emailusers=0; and the condition then would be

if($isMod==1 or $user_id==X) $emailusers=1;

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 14:18 
Thank you Paul. It seems to work now (I still don't know why my mind doesn't want to accept 'and' in this case though ;). Testing email notifications is the worst part because when you think something doesn't work you receive a delayed email correctly :).

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 05:43 
Is there a way the Admin or an Mod view a list of all subscriptions in Forum, a list of all topic has been subscribed by some users ? I know, i can see that by each Topic.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 09:25 
Currently, there is no way. What would be the purpose of it?

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 11:18 
The question presented itself to me without any thought of a purpose, maybe I find even a one purpose:)

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Enable email subscriptions for moderators or selected users only
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑