miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /   

Enable email subscriptions for moderators or selected users only

Author tom322
Registered
#1 | Posted: 21 Jun 2010 10:38 | Edited by: tom322 
I'd like to enable email subscriptions ONLY to moderators or selected users. So in setup_options.php I set:

$emailusers=1;

and in bb_plugins.php I put:

/* Email notifications for moderators and selected users only */
if($isMod!=1 or $user_id!=X) $emailusers=0;

But it doesn't seem to work. How to make it work please? :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 02:52 | Edited by: Paul 
Try to put 'and' instead of 'or' in the condition.

if($isMod!=1 and $user_id!=X) $emailusers=0;

It would be even better to follow upper side logic... Set $emailusers=0; and the condition then would be

if($isMod==1 or $user_id==X) $emailusers=1;

Author tom322
Registered
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 14:18 
Thank you Paul. It seems to work now (I still don't know why my mind doesn't want to accept 'and' in this case though ;). Testing email notifications is the worst part because when you think something doesn't work you receive a delayed email correctly :).

Author Jaime
Registered
#4 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 05:43 
Is there a way the Admin or an Mod view a list of all subscriptions in Forum, a list of all topic has been subscribed by some users ? I know, i can see that by each Topic.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#5 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 09:25 | Edited by: Paul 
Currently, there is no way. What would be the purpose of it?

Author Jaime
Registered
#6 | Posted: 14 Dec 2010 11:18 
The question presented itself to me without any thought of a purpose, maybe I find even a one purpose:)

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications / Enable email subscriptions for moderators or selected users only Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB