miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /   

Adding <hr> horizontal rule to bbcode

Author CardMSG
Registered
#1 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 22:00 | Edited by: CardMSG 
Is it possible to add an [hr] horizontal rule tag to the bbcode? If so, how?

Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 12 Jul 2006 07:11 
Edit bb_codes.php and in enCodeBB() function area paste:

$pattern[]="/\[hr\]/is";
$replacement[]='<hr />';

In deCodeBB() function, paste:

$pattern[]="/<hr \/>/is";
$replacement[]="[hr]";

Author CardMSG
Registered
#3 | Posted: 12 Jul 2006 21:52 | Edited by: CardMSG 
Thanks, that worked! You guys are always so fast to help and your help is always spot on!

I actually thought, for a second last night, about switching my board back to one of the previous ones I had used in the past (vbulletin, phpbb) because there are so many resources for them.

But then, I thought, "Minibb is just so simple and easy to work with and has better markup (the code validates), etc..." It has everything I need and I know if I need something else, there always seems to be someone here willing and ready to help out.

Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 08:37 
Thank you :-)

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications / Adding <hr> horizontal rule to bbcode Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB