miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /   

Use PHPMailerAutoload.php instead of class.phpmailer.php in bb_functions.php

Author me@rochus-kelle
#1 | Posted: 17 Sep 2015 12:42 
I followed all recommendations I found in this forums but still got the error that the SMTP class cannot be found. Finally I saw in the PHPMailer Readme on GitHub that they require PHPMailerAutoload.php instead of class.phpmailer.php. Grepping through the miniBB files I found line 301 of bb_functions.php and changed the file name to PHPMailerAutoload.php. Now it works.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 17 Sep 2015 17:58 
I didn't check/use PHPMailer app for years, and possibly they have changed a lot since this time.

I'll put this into the list of fixes for the upcoming miniBB.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 17 Sep 2015 21:26 
Update: I've checked the current PHPMailer 5.2.13, and it seems there is just needed an inclusion of both files, i.e. class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php. But you're right, it's also possible just to include PHPMailerAutoload.php and that would automatically do the trick. I'm not sure about the other cases.

So, in the upcoming release, I will just extend PHPMailer options a bit, so there's possible to specify any necessary files to include/require. You will see it in the manual.

Update will also include work out for secured protocol, like for example, sending mails through Gmail - this requires SMTPSecure and Port values to be specified.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs / Use PHPMailerAutoload.php instead of class.phpmailer.php in bb_functions.php Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB