Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Suggestion for 1.4 [edit]

Author PeKa
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Aug 2002 12:47 
Hey there!

I didn't test too much if this is true, but I have a general concern editing postings:

Couldn't you disable editing postings that are 5 posts older than the last posting of the current topic?
You could easily offend anybody or have a conversation through ages and you could edit your first posting and everybody joining the conversation now would be screwed. And the worst part, those people lie to themselves AND to others.

I mean, you could change the point of a whole conversation from sillyness to a completely wrong picture.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 1 Aug 2002 15:59 
PeKa
Yes, it would be a good idea, we will think about it... True, we never saw this before :) usually, people are too lazy for that.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#3 | Posted: 3 Aug 2002 14:51 
that's a really good idea, but it'd be good if it was an option rather than unchangeable setting.

most forums allow editing of old messages (mainly for things like keeping a list of links or other changing information updated).

Author PeKa
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 6 Aug 2002 16:47 
4days
Concerning links, that's true...it has to be a setting in setup_options.php with like $dontallow_editing_posts_afterhowmanydays = 4; or something

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 10:25 
We have imagined another way - to set up TIME for editing. F.e., usual users can edit their posts within 1 day. Guess, it is much more better and simplier.

Look up for the $userEdit setting in manual and options.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Suggestion for 1.4 [edit]
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑