miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /   

Statistics missing

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 2 Nov 2014 11:38 
G'day, Paul.

Yesterday I upgraded my miniBB to version 3.1 and updated a number of add-ons for compatibility.

I just noticed my miniBB's statistics page does not seem to be working properly. Forum figures that usually appear across the top of the statistics page are either missing or wrong; i.e., "Number of users:" and "Number of topics:" are missing; and "Number of posts:" is showing a zero.

Also, page load time information fails to load, so I've removed the reference to it from the footer section for now.

I have not noticed any error messages.

Any advice/help you can provide will be gratefully received.

With thanks -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 3 Nov 2014 21:13 
It's because of the human factor. I have updated bb_func_stats.php in the end 2013 and some way lost my remark of it.

I've updated both the Updates History and the core miniBB.zip package with the new version of this file, you need to upgrade it on your end. Let me know if it was a cure.

Thanks for discovering this. My mistake...

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 3 Nov 2014 21:15 
As about page's information... that's a bit weird... you must make sure, first of all, you now have display_footer() function in your version of bb_functions.php. That's all that was replaced regarding footer's timing.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 4 Nov 2014 00:39 | Edited by: marsbar 
Paul:
Thanks for discovering this. My mistake...

No worries, Paul--nobody died. ;-) Your revised bb_func_stats.php has brought the missing figures back--thank you!

Paul:
As about page's information... that's a bit weird... you must make sure, first of all, you now have display_footer() function in your version of bb_functions.php. That's all that was replaced regarding footer's timing.

Yes, the display_footer() function exists, and my miniBB is using the bb_functions.php from the v3.1 package.
Perhaps the way my main_footer.html calls the loading time is wrong (please see code below)?
{$l_loadingtime} {$totaltime}

Gratefully as always -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2014 17:08 
Could you try to put this under setup_options.php ?..

function display_footer(){
//Loading footer
global $l_loadingtime;
$endtime=get_microtime();
$GLOBALS['totaltime']=sprintf ("%01.3f", ($endtime-$GLOBALS['starttime']));
if(isset($GLOBALS['includeFooter']) and $GLOBALS['includeFooter']!='') include($GLOBALS['includeFooter']); else echo ParseTpl(makeUp('main_footer'));
}

Also, is your footer loaded using some other module or code? Or is it like in default miniBB package?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#6 | Posted: 19 Nov 2014 22:54 
Thank you, Paul, for getting back to me.
The function works like a charm: loading time reading has come back.
And yes, my miniBB's footer is loaded the standard miniBB way (i.e., not loaded via some other module or code).
Cheers,
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#7 | Posted: 20 Nov 2014 23:43 
Ok, thanks for reply - but... what did you specifically applied to your code to achieve the final (good) result? Thx.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#8 | Posted: 23 Nov 2014 23:16 
Paul:
what did you specifically applied to your code to achieve the final (good) result?

Sorry, Paul: I am not exactly sure I understand your question ... but this is what I did:
1) made suggested change to setup_options.php
2) added "{$l_loadingtime} {$totaltime}" to my miniBB's main_footer.html

Cheers,
marsbar

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs / Statistics missing Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB