Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Keyword-rich URL module bug on Start New Topic and Reply links

Author nathand
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 20:07 
Hey guys,

I installed this mod.. very cool.. in my staging environment now.

I have one issue:

Reply and Start New Topic links from the top nav break..

I can see this issue on minibb.com too (I am using mod_rewrite_2 aswell)

The difference is, the minibb ones have some code that does a 301 redirect? Is this code available? Am I missing something here?

https://www.minibb.com/forums/11_5385_1.html#newreply

Thanks,
Nathan

Author nathand
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 20:22 
Fixed the New Topic link with:

RewriteRule ([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)_([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$1&page=1&mdrw=on

Author nathand
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 20:34 
Fixed it, heres the updated rules for reference.. the 3rd rule is the fix.. the 301 comes from the code.. thanks for minibb, I will upgrade to premium soon

#forums
RewriteRule ^([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/index([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=$3&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ^([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=1&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$1&page=1&mdrw=on

#topics
RewriteRule ([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]
+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=$5&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]
+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=1&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ([0-9]+)_([0-9]+)_([0-9+]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$1&topic=$2&page=1&mdrw=on

Author nathand
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 21:35 
Nothings every easy.. not compat with apache 1.3 :( looking into fix

Author nathand
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 21:51 
Apache 1.3 seems to work fine with these:

RewriteEngine On

#forums
RewriteRule ^([0-9a-zA-Z-]+)-([0-9]+)/index([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=$3&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ^([0-9a-zA-Z-]+)-([0-9]+)/$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=1&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$1&page=1&mdrw=on

#topics
RewriteRule ([0-9a-zA-Z-]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9a-zA-Z-]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=$5&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ([0-9a-zA-Zi]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9a-zA-Z-]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=1&mdrw=on
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([0-9]+)_([0-9+]+)\.html$ ./index.php?action=vthread&forum=$1&topic=$2&page=1&mdrw=on

Author nathand
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 4 Dec 2009 21:53 
If your interested in an alternate to rewriting, I've implemented systems using a single rule that goes to a PHP module to perform the rewrites and variable extractions in other software.. this gives compatibility with other webservers easily.. contact me if you want an example, this would be a slight design change to minibb url stuff

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 5 Dec 2009 05:38 
We have really a custom set up from the older format URLs to the new, but this is not the solution actually :-) There is a bug under bb_functions.php - loadHeader function, the script simply doesn't take add-on's rules into consideration. You should wait for the new miniBB version where it will be fixed... providing just redirection rules is not a solution for this.

The rules are quite simple btw, they are available in miniBB manual - you just need to set up "quick-URLs" mode coming before add-on's rules in your .htaccess.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 5 Dec 2009 06:11 
nathand:
If your interested in an alternate to rewriting, I've implemented systems using a single rule that goes to a PHP module to perform the rewrites and variable extractions in other software..
I personally think this "rewriting" fashion is invented by somebody which will be never known, and it actually doesn't work for anything good. It's just a fake. Search engines index content much more efficiently when these rules are not set. Additionally, having numbers-only in URLs (i.e. having "quick-URLs" mode for miniBB) means having really friendly and universal URLs. They absolutely work on my private forums.

So with your solution... I don't know what it is about, but whomever it may interest, is only our Community, so you may post everything here... it's not the question we're specially interested in.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 20 Jan 2010 06:24 
The problem should be fixed in the new miniBB release 2.4.1.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Keyword-rich URL module bug on Start New Topic and Reply links
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑