®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Android Devices problem with Smilies

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Apr 2016 15:36 
Trying to use an Android device to post, and when I select the 'Smilies' option the window with all the smilies opens, but after making a selection the 'Close' button does nothing.

Is this normal. or do I have an unusual problem?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Apr 2016 22:31 
There are tons of Android devices on the market (btw which one you're testing from?), and unfortunately, each of them could have its own behavior of interpreting even such simple JavaScript function as the Smilies add-on is using.

If you have an access to the error handling on this device, it would be possible to catch an error from its report.
Other than this, I'd recommend to check this via emulator or something, 'cause noone could have an idea where the error is coming from and what it is about.

Just to repeat - this add-on uses a very simple method of opening the standard pop-up window, so I couldn't be sure what's wrong.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Android Devices problem with Smilies
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑