miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Is there a way to integrate my header.php file?

Author cindy_K
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Aug 2009 07:25 
I am wondering if there is a way to use my own header.php when I integrate miniBB to my website.
The header.php has the website logo, link to login/register screens and search field.
Is it possible to include this file in one of the files of miniBB and then modify the css file?

Cindy

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 5 Aug 2009 09:37 
It very depends on what kind of header do you have and what are variables inside of it.

By default, you may refer to the $includeHeader option described in one from the FAQ section).

When you apply miniBB to your website, the most correct approach is just to make it similar by look & feel to your website, but having its own original files. This is what you need to implement probably once and forever; but if you update your header file, it could cause new issues repeating forever.

Also, in manual you may read how to include miniBB in your own file; so there are quite a lot of approaches. Contact professionals if you don't what to do ;-)

Author catalink
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 14 Feb 2012 20:48 
Hey Paul, i tried hard, but im no pro at this, unfortunately.
So, im gona past my header.php content here, hoping you can guide me how to do it.
I had to edit the lines that have URLs cause im not alowed to post urls, so i added a . to urls
Thank you.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "h.t.t.p://w.w.w..w3.o.r.g/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="h.t.t.p://w.w.w.w3.o.r.g/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en-US">
<head profile="h.t.t.p://gmpg.o.r.g/xfn/11">
<meta h.t.t.p-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<?php
if ($h->pageName =='all') {
echo "<title>CataLink</title>";
} else {
echo "<title>".$h->getTitle()."</title>";
}
?>

<?php
// plugin hook
$result = $h->pluginHook('header_meta');
if (!isset($result) || !is_array($result)) { ?>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $h->lang['header_meta_description']; ?>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $h->lang['header_meta_keywords']; ?>" />
<?php } ?>

<?php $css = SITEURL . "content/themes/" . THEME . "css/"; ?>
<?php $js = SITEURL . "content/themes/" . THEME . "js/"; ?>
<?php $images = SITEURL . "content/themes/" . THEME . "images/"; ?>
<script type='text/javascript' src='h.t.t.p://ajax.googleapis.c.o.m/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js?ver=1.4.2'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>dropdown.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>jquery.lazyload.mini.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>jquery-ui-personalized-1.5.2.packed.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>sprinkle.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>shake.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>socialFacebook.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>socialFavoritos.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>socialTwitter.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>socialFeed.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="h.t.t.p://ajax.googleapis.c.o.m/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $js; ?>flexdropdown.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $css; ?>flexdropdown.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $css; ?>style.css" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$(".post-list img").lazyload({ placeholder: "<?php echo $images ?>grey.gif", effect: "fadeIn" });
});
</script>

<!-- Include merged files for all the plugin css and javascript (if any) -->
<?php $h->doIncludes(); ?>
<!-- End -->

<?php if ($h->pageType == 'post') { ?>
<link rel="canonical" href="<?php echo $h->url(array('page'=>$h->post->id)) ?>" />
<?php } ?>

<?php $h->pluginHook('header_include_raw'); ?>

</head>

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 15 Feb 2012 10:43 
catalink:
So, im gona past my header.php content here, hoping you can guide me how to do it.
My rate is $25/hour. You are welcome.

Author catalink
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 15 Feb 2012 16:53 
and how much time you gona spend to do this?

and what about creating a synchronization with Hotaru CMS? (its based on wordpress, do you know it? hotarucms.o r g)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 15 Feb 2012 21:27 
catalink:
and how much time you gona spend to do this?
I would ask otherwise - and how much time do you think it would take? How much time did you spend on it already?

I have worked out lots of synchronizations and mostly sure it also can be done with Hotaru CMS.

Author catalink
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 15 Feb 2012 21:53 
so Paul, you have time to make a synch plugin for hotaru cms? yes, i will pay for it.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 16 Feb 2012 12:28 
Then contact me privately please. Inform about your budget and requirements of work.
Do you have the Hotatu CMS currently installed, or you just need such a module?
There are few questions like this we need to solve before I can start anything.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Is there a way to integrate my header.php file?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑