Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

time difference problem

Author coco
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 Dec 2007 16:44 
i have this odd problem.
my server time and forum time difference is +9 hours. the server time is fixed to + 9 hours to match the users and everything works fine.
every time after server reinstalation forum time is -9 hours. i contacted the provider and they fixed that.
few days ago the provider moved users to another server. the time was -9 hours again. i contacted provider again but they said that the time was fixed.
i installed another miniBB script to check the time and time was o.k. (+9 hours) but on my forum is still -9

i dont wanna use $timeDiff because that effects the older posts too.

i think the problem is in sql database but i don't know where to look for problem and even less how to fix it.
maybe i'm wrong...

any idea?

thank you

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Dec 2007 10:35 
Sorry the question was not clear enough for me...

$timeDiff setting only adjusts the time saved in database, on the fly. But the time saved in database depends on the server itself (i.e. it's the server's time). So whatever time is saved it is up to your server. If it already differs from your local time, most probably you don't need to use this setting. However if the database was moved from one server to another, and the time was different on the previous server, there is no way except that you will need to run some special mySQL command to update all times with the specified range...

Author coco
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2007 12:08 
there is no way except that you will need to run some special mySQL command to update all times with the specified range...
well i think that i have to do that.
will this command affect database itself? i don't know much about mysql and i'm afraid to mess things up.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 20 Dec 2007 12:58 
It's a difficult command and I am afraid I am not able to provide the correct one here (it is really up to your posting IDs and other things). So if you are not familiar with mySQL, it's better to hire someone who could solve this task for you.

Additionally I don't think timing is a big problem for forums overall... I personally never pay attention at WHEN the posting was made - but its content matters more...

Author coco
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 26 Dec 2007 16:21 
I personally never pay attention at WHEN the posting was made - but its content matters more...
:)

thank you anyway

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 time difference problem
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑