miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Mass Topics Locking addon (was: close topic after a month not used)

Author simmering
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 May 2006 13:03 
Is it possible to close topics which aren't used after a month?
I've got lots of topics where were no reactions for over a year, someone reads the topic after a year and gives a reaction which is totaly outdated.
I can do it manually, but thats quite al lot of work!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 22 May 2006 15:36 
There is no built-in function, but mysql command for it is quite simple:

update minibbtable_topics set topic_status=1 where topic_last_post_time<'2006-05-01 00:00:00';

Specify your own topics table name and starting date.

You can write a simple PHP script that connects to database and executes this command, and put this script into crontab scheduler, for example...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 4 Apr 2007 04:31 
Ok I've got sponsored by by ItchyBrainsCentral and implemented tiny version of this addon.

Click here to download. Study readme.txt file for installation and post any suggestions/notices in this thread.

The addon works like suggested: admin choses the certain date and the script selects all topics with the lates reply made EARLIER than this date, i.e. after this date, no new replies were made.

For example if you specify March 1, 2007 at the time there is April 1, 2007, you will lock all topics which have new reply made as early as on February 28, 2007.

Only available to admin of course.

Thanks.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Mass Topics Locking addon (was: close topic after a month not used)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑