miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Pre-moderation / Premoderation

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 28 Jun 2002 12:57 
Is it possible to do moderation before posting to the bb in miniBB?

thx

d.

Author PeKa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 28 Jun 2002 13:30 
Just activate 'email admin' in the setup file!
It will mail you (being admin) all entries made to your board and the link to it. You can login as admin and delete the posting.

Moderated postings are possible, meaning a normal user can only post into a specific forum, but not post a new topic.

If you mean moderated in the sense of 'admin confirms postings to show', forget this for a normal board. Once no moderator/admin isn't on, the forum would be dead and that's no good.

Author carl
#3 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 15:13 
What if really want to confirm postings BEFORE they show on my board? How do i do that?

Author ragots
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 15:17 
Yeah, I'd like to do that to.

How do I moderate the postings beforehand?

Thanks.

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 15:51 
There is a premium plugin available, called "Pre-moderation".

Author ragots
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Oct 2005 16:30 
Most of my users remain Anonymous.

It's a gossip board, and most people insist on being Anonymous.

I have very few registered users.

Out of those few registered users, I'd like maybe 3 or 4 to post
without moderation, but I don't want them to have moderation rights
as is the case if I add them to the
Moderators who can approve pending messages list.

In fact, I'd like all Anonymous users to be moderated,
and all registered users to me moderated,
except 3 or 4 who can post without being moderated.

The "Enable for new sign-ups and IDs listed below"
may not be enough because it deals with registered users,
meanwhile, anyone who remain Anonymous can post without being moderated.

The difference would be:

"Enable for Anonymous users and new sign-ups and IDs listed below"

non-registered users = Anonymous

I can shell some Paypal if necessary.
If you have to code something special for me.

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 19 Oct 2005 09:43 
ragots
Enabling pre-moderation for Anonymous users means you need to insert ID=0 in this list, and that's all. So all Anonymouses will be pre-moderated afterall. We can not control Anonymous users except that their ID is always 0.

Author ragots
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 20 Oct 2005 03:06 
Thank you, that was as simple as that.

Thanks a lot, just adding ID=0 to the list of users that ARE moderated does the trick.

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 20 Oct 2005 12:05 
Glad it helped!

Author jim
#10 | Posted: 9 Nov 2005 11:48 
Hello,

I'm looking for message board software that can do post moderation, i.e. each post needs to be approved by a moderator before it is made visible on the board.

It sounds like your software would do this, if I had the premoderation plugin installed. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the process for getting this plugin. Someone above menioned that it's a paid for plugin - could you tell me how much this costs?

Thanks,
Jim

Author jim
#11 | Posted: 9 Nov 2005 12:51 
I've looked again, and found this in the "Paid Extensions" section, with all details including price.

Thanks,
Jim

Author beztak
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 3 Aug 2006 08:47 
Hi Team, we've got your pre-moderation plugin and I'd like to ask if it's possible to send a message to admin email that in forum are some posts they should be authorized? Because we don't want refresh pages everytime to check whether there are new posts for authorization...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 3 Aug 2006 09:23 
There is an option built-in miniBB, which allows to report Admin via email each time when some message is posted. Option is called $emailadmposts, and you need to set it in setup_options.php to "1". Refer to manual for more.

Author beztak
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 3 Aug 2006 09:49 
Thank you, I thought that there should be some special options because of pre-moderation plugin. It works, thx.

Author michael1234
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 13 Jan 2007 23:52 
Currently there are two different options, when messages from everyone are queued for approval, or just messages from specified and new registered users are queued so show penind messages.

Can you add a third option that's ONLY for selected registered users? I would like this option only for certain members that admin selects AND allow new members to post automatically. I just have a problem with a few members but don't have time to keep going in and approving for new members. If the new members have an issue posting, then they can be added to the "pending" message list.

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Pre-moderation / Premoderation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑