miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

miniBB + Wordpress

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author snoogly
#1 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 07:29 
I experimented a little with minibb on my WordPress site, but now I would like to uninstall it. I am by no means an expert at thi kind thing, and need to know how to undo the mysql commands in the setup instructions.

Those commands are:

alter table wp_users add activity int(1) not null default '1';
alter table wp_users add user_viewemail tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0';
alter table wp_users add user_sorttopics tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
alter table wp_users add language char(3) NOT NULL default '';
alter table wp_users add num_topics INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
alter table wp_users add num_posts INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Could someone tell me what commands to run to revert the wp_users db back to its original state?

thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 07:44 
alter table wp_users drop activity;
alter table wp_users drop user_viewemail;

...etc.

Author snoogly
#3 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 08:44 
Thanks!

Is that just:

alter table wp_users drop activity;

or the full:

alter table wp_users drop activity int(1) not null default '1';

?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 17 Aug 2006 09:30 
They should be exact commands as I've provided, without additions.

Author mlchaei
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Dec 2006 02:37 
How do I get to include the minibb template with wordpress?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 18 Dec 2006 02:54 

Author pingme
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 15 Nov 2007 17:48 
I want to have WP theme look and feel with minibb board. I can easily manage to alter CSS for main board.

But how do I get WP header and footer on minibb board? Please note I do NOT want to integrate the databases, I just want to have same theme as WP.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 16 Nov 2007 02:39 
I have no ideas how to incorporate THE SCRIPTS from WP so they would work the same way for miniBB. Most probably you will need to include a lot of files and get through all list of functions to understand how it works. I have not enough patience and time to investigate this.

It seems that just for this small job you need to include a lot of WP external files which are not necessary for miniBB's execution at all. So you will include 500 Kb of files just to use 5% of heading functions. It's not something which miniBB should provide... and it doesn't mean it is possible afterall.

If it is needed to integrate miniBB and WP layout, I usually adjust miniBB's header and footer files just copying the static HTML which WP generates. For e-baznica site I also have wrote a little script which takes the WP main page, parses header and footer, then generates a miniBB compatible template based on them; it all is done within the admin panel. So whatever changes are happening to WP, it all could be adjusted for miniBB with one mouse click.

Author deuced
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 24 Jan 2008 05:02 
I have managed to "embed" miniBB in my wordpress blog matching my theme and make miniBB looking inside a page having my sidebar as is.

If anyone needs help just ask.
Here 's the direct link: http://deuced.net/forums/

I could also try to make a plugin for WP which would generate a widjet to include the "front page news" addons in the sidebar, if miniBB team would not have any objections. :)

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 24 Jan 2008 05:16 
We have no objections :-) Make your freedom.

Author deuced
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 25 Jan 2008 11:47 
Hello again

the part of the plugin that shows miniBB latest news at the Wordpress sidebar is ready (there s also a part that you decide the settings through WPress Control Panel).

I couldn't just "include" the add on but had to copy all of its code to the plugin file so i had to make a few hacks but before i release it i thought i'd ask again for your permission.

In the plugin file you ll have all the necessary links and credits and it would be clearly written that it's based on your code.

Basically i did that hacks

1. removed lines 96-97 (about $contentFeed)

2. removed lines 104-114 (about $tplNews and how to siplay it)

3. added some echo statements under if(isset($mod_rewrite) and $mod_rewrite) so i ll display $linkToTopic, $topic_title, $post_text etc

I will make a few more tests and i ll release it shortly in the WP community.

Check this thread on miniBB forums for more.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 25 Jan 2008 11:52 
Feel free to upload the solution to our File Bank as well.

Author kevinsnell
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 9 Apr 2008 10:07 
Hi Guys,

Firstly a big thank you as this forum has provided so much great information in the past!

Now there is a new version of Wordpress 2.5 but it uses a different way to handle cookies and I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out how to get wordpress 2.5 and minibb integrated??

Thanks

Kev

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 9 Apr 2008 10:57 
There are two the worst things I ever met in any 3rd party software:

- they update their database dramatically with no way for older versions to work;
- they update their authorization method with no way for older add-ons to work.

We hope miniBB stays just stable in that case since we are not going to change it a lot. Even miniBB 1.x users are able to upgrade to the latest release 2.x despite there were a lot of database additions and script changes.

Regarding WP version, I could say only... that's terrible! That's why we never developed such things as database migration tools, conversion scripts and other things related to 3rd party... it is not worth the time.

It seems WP was the only one tool we have supported and now it's gone too. Sad.

You can follow our synchronization guide and probably will find your own way of getting this work.

However I am afraid nobody from our team is ready again for this quest (at least for free... if you pay our rates we could work on it of course ;-).

Author kevinsnell
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 9 Apr 2008 11:04 
Paul, Thanks for the reply!!

I totally agree that changing their database and authorization is crazy!! Looks like I'll stick with the old version unless I manage to figure it out but won't be spending alot of time on it!

Kev

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 miniBB + Wordpress
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑